Redirecting you to
Hawaiian purple kush seeds
Share your location to get the most relevant content and products around you. Leafly keeps personal information safe, secure, and anonymous.
Are you at least 21?
Redirecting you to
Keep up with new strains, products, trends, and deals with Leafly’s curated cannabis newsletter.
Happy harvests from Hawaii
Purple Kush Strain – Legends of Marijuana [GET SEEDS]
The popular weed strain ‘Purple Kush’ has been around for decades. Nevertheless, this strain is still top-notch quality dank bud. Purple Kush grows easy both indoors and outdoors.
Table of Contents:
Mendocino Purple Kush – Medical Seeds
Mendocino Purple Kush by Medical Seeds are a great way to get your hands on this strain nowadays. Grows very easy and smells nice. The phenotypes are absolutely stunning, while still retaining all of the original qualities that has made this strain so great throughout the years.
|Flowering Time||8-9 Weeks|
|Seed Breeder||Medical Seeds|
|Yield||450 g/m2; 600 g/plant|
Purple Kush Strain Experience
The first time my uncle got a hold of Purple Kush was in the early nineties, in the days when you would order pot seeds out of a catalog.
Most pot growers on the Big Island of Hawaii were producing mostly sativa varieties at the time. This is because indica strains are notorious for developing mold during flowering. While these sativa strains often have pleasant highs, the reality was they just didn’t look that pretty.
This strain was found to perform surprisingly well in the rough, often hum >Once it was found that the dank-budded Indica strain Purple Kush was forming up fat buds in the fields and finishing hard, it was like finding the golden ticket.
Some early Purple Kush plants on the Big Island of Hawaii
Growing Purple Kush
Purple Kush is a vigorous strain that outgrows many of its rival strains when put side by side, you may have to create a separate area for her – she likes to get big!
- Outdoors, Purple Kush seeds can grow into massive trees yielding multi-pound plants when vegged to 4 feet or higher bushes.
- Indoors growers can control the large growth of Purple Kush by flowering this strain at a moderate (1-2 feet) height.
Purple Kush is a heavy feeding strain, whether you are growing organically or non-organically, make sure that you are are providing a lot of available nutrients for he, these fat structured Afghani plants really need a massive diet of nutes. Be sure to pack on the food during the flowering cycle and you will be thanking yourself that you did.
Equatorial and sub-equatorial growers should extend their daylight hours with additional lighting when growing this strain if large plants are desired quickly- for more information view Hawaii growing information
How does Purple Kush do against mold & pests?
Purple Kush holds up well against pests and diseases. Purple Kush’s thick dark green leaves are not the succulent type that attracts insects – just take a bite of a leaf and you’ll know what I’m talking about.
Outdoor growers should watch out for Botrytis cinerea mold (blue/grey mold) during the end of flowering, due to it’s indica Afghani genetics, but fortunately, mold does not spread like wildfire through Purple Kush. Growing these seeds outdoors, be certain to keep airflow throughout the plant, enabling Purple Kush flowers on league with indoor top-shelf buds.
Keep Purple Kush in as much full sun as possible, at 6 hours for solid results. Be careful of the sunlight following a humid rain – perfect conditions for mold.
A few years back we had a massive powdery mildew outbreak on the island. Almost all of our medical marijuana plants were affected by this mildew, but the Purple Kush plants were hardly hit at all. It’s rough leaves held up strong and clean.
We have tested these seeds for decades guerrilla style growing in grass fields, gulches, forests, pastures, and jungle valleys. Purple Kush buds strong, producing high quality buds in rough conditions.
More Information about the Purple Kush strain
- Purple Kush is a cross between a Purple Afghani and a Hindu Kush, originally bred in California.
- This strain is reputed as being one of the top ten most powerful strains of marijuana in the world.
- For many phenotypes, the buds give off a fragrant scent comparable to lavender and grapes.
- Although claimed to be 100% Indica, inbreeding the purple kush strain in a sub-tropical environment has lead to taller, more sativa-esque plants
- Don’t expect too much purple if you are finishing in a warm climate – the true purple color only fully comes out with cold temperatures.
- A tried-and-true outdoor variety, Purple Kush is the superior to many strains in resistance to pests and diseases.
- Purple Kush is also a solid choice for indoor growers as well – these fat bushy plants will yield heavy, cartoon-like buds.
- The finished product of Purple Kush has a ‘dark’ appearance compared to other varieties of marijuana – even if it’s still green!
- The yield is worth noting twice, this strain has made a lot of buds through the years on plants with overweight, drooping branches. Estimated yeild: Indoors – 450 g/m; Outdoors: 600 g/plant
? Buy Purple Kush regular seeds
Happy harvests from Hawaii
Disclaimer: Be certain of federal and state/county laws. We do not promote or undertake in illegal activities.